This update on today’s hearing at the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission is to let you know the commissioners did vote to continue. . . that’s bureaucrat speak for postpone. . . the hearing until November 10 at 1:00 PM. Again, as indicated in a previous email, this was because of a motion on the part of the O&G industry and their friendly local governments to hold off on the hearing because of some draft changes released on Friday October 9 that they felt required further study and preparation.
A response to that request was posted by a range of wildlife and habitat advocates as well as many of our noted allies such as the Sierra Club and LOGIC, indicating they saw no need for the continuance. Commissioner Robbins expressed some skepticism about the requested delay, because he thought some of the draft changes staff had prepared actually played to their advantage, but in the interest of “doing things right” accepted staff recommendations to accept the motion to continue, and the commission voted accordingly. Interesting process….
We will update on Zoom log-in protocols as they become available, but the commissioners and staff indicated that anyone who had signed up for public comment today will be registered for the November 10 session. They also stated they would set up an evening session for those who find it difficult to make the daytime sessions because of work or other commitments. They will communicate with those already signed up to speak to get their preference for the day or evening sessions.
As ever, we in the Larimer Alliance will continue to keep you all advised of further developments.